Primary Liaison Team
Perry Beeches II – The Free School -Primary Liaison
PB II have strong links with feeder school primary including Nelson, St John and Peter Academy, Benson, St Patricks and St Edmunds Primary schools just to name a few.
Our aim is to promote relationships with local primary schools as well as providing your students with the opportunity to work with and become familiar with Perry Beeches II-The Free School as their local Secondary School.
See below the list of event and support we offer to local primary schools:
- Guided tours of Perry Beeches II – The Free School for prospective parents.
- Event mornings/ afternoons to experience outstanding lessons in our school building. We can deliver a variety of different subjects/topics.
- Mrs Miles liaises with head of year / key stage 2 leaders to support themed learning linked to the KS2 curriculum.
- Use of our well-equipped band new ICT facilities.
- Host regular primary PB II community Sports festivals for all KS2 at NIA – Including Multi skills, benchball, indoor athletic throughout the year.
- For our local school we are able to provide young sport leaders to come to your primary school and organise playground games during lunch times and generally help at lunch times supporting lunch time staff.
- Invitations for your students to see PB II– out of classroom events throughout the year i.e. musical events.
- Sixth form from Perry Beeches School support in your primary classroom i.e. listening to children reading or other supporting roles.
- We support our local primary schools in many events throughout including advertising event in the community and other community projects.
- Our year 7 – Senior students lead assemblies/ short lessons at your primary school to year 6 pupils to tell them about the life at PBII and differences primary and secondary school life.
- Students come for Taster Lesson at PB II for example Science, Music, Sport festivals each term at NIA, Drama, History, Geography, ICT.